Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spick@greyfirst

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Hey Everyone,

I realize this is a bit of shameless self promotion but that's what it takes sometimes when you work for a small company.

We are developing an application for the Film/TV, Theatre, New Media industries.

Celtx is simple, easy to use software designed for people who work in film, TV, theater and New Media. It enables you to work digitally on script based projects, either on your own or collaboratively with project team members.

Features:

Collaborate with others. Work together on projects online.
Import, write and edit scripts using industry conventions.
Perform production breakdowns, by adding images and notes.
Create your own searchable database of Project information.

Celtx is being developed using open Internet standards, including JavaScript, XSL, XUL and RDF.

We are looking for users to help test the standalone version of the application, test the collaboration funtionality, and to test new features as they are added.

As I've said, Celtx is open source, free to use, and is based on open standards.

Check it out at:www.celtx.com

Thanks a lot,

Steve Pick
celtx.com

anuj

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2004
America
Hi, I've been testing out Celtx now for very short while, and I've figured out how to import and breakdown scripts, I haven't been able to figure out how to actually write scripts. I expected the interface to be more like Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, or even Scriptbuddy. How do I write a script? I know, it's a dumb question. But frankly, I don't want to spend the money yet on buying a new license for Movie Magic (and Final Draft 7 is crap). I'd be happy to donate, if I find Celtx worth using as a replacement.

EDIT: okay, I thought I had it figured out when I read the user guide just now, but the "New Script" is greyed out in the File menu.

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
Hey Steve!
I have used your product quite a bit after I saw it on sonnyboo (http://www.sonnyboo.com). It's a neat little program I enjoy playing with it here and there. I haven't started writing any screenplays yet, but I definately think it is a terrific idea and will become a great program! Keep up the good work!

Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.