Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Has anyone else loved this show? After 3 episodes, this might be my favorite show on Apple TV+. For sure top 3.

Reactions: thelorax76

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
Still haven’t gotten to episode 3, but this is definitely a hilarious and well done show. Bob‘s Burgers was great so I figured I’d like it and the musical aspect, while daring, is well done.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Viewer's reaction is sharply divided on whether you like musicals or not.

I am a big fan of musicals. Whenever Leslie Odom (dad) opens his pipe, the music is nearly as magical as Hamilton's.

The story and characters aren't there yet, but they are moving in the right direction. And animation quality surpasses Bob's Burgers while maintaining organic charm.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Just finished watching episode 7. Character development is progressing nicely, albeit at the expense of plot advancement. That is, the plot is slowly but surely advancing, but the series is focusing more on more richly developing characters.

Initially, I thought the Tillerman family was a composite of the Belcher family. But they have since developed into unique individuals.

It's a bit strange watching Molly knowing Kristen Bell won't be voicing her on the next season. At least she will be voicing a new character. Given her familiar voice, I think Kristen should voice a relative of Tillerman. Perhaps Paige (mom)'s sister or Molly's cousin?

Each episode has at least one truly standout song, and many are written by very famous musicians.

Songs like "Own It", "Weirdos Make Great Superheroes" (Sarah Bareilles), "Momma's Got This", "Rats" (Cyndi Lauper and Teddy Sinclair), "If There's a Will", and "Can We Do Today Again?" are as good as any top notch Broadway musical numbers.

Reactions: adrianlondon

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Only on episode 2. Having a real internal conflict over this show lol. I absolutely love the feel of Bob's Burgers and this show, both in their animation style and writing style. They just make me feel good. However, I absolutely hate musicals and always just want to skip past the songs. Going to keep watching to see if I can enjoy the show despite the songs.

Reactions: andrewsmith29555

thelorax76

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2016
Saskatchewan
The above comment makes me laugh. I rejected Bob's Burgers largely because I hated the animation but gave Central Park a try, despite similar animation, because I love musicals and also all the actors. It's been so awesome that now that it's over, we're ready to give Bob's Burgers another chance.

Reactions: mnsportsgeek

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
The above comment makes me laugh. I rejected Bob's Burgers largely because I hated the animation but gave Central Park a try, despite similar animation, because I love musicals and also all the actors. It's been so awesome that now that it's over, we're ready to give Bob's Burgers another chance.

I didn’t even realize that was the finale. Now I’m sad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.