Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
http://www.realbasic.com/download

Ok, for the past day I've been playing around with RealBasic for both Mac and Windows. Its an awesome programming language, IDE Maker, program - very easy. Ok, I can make a text editor in minutes, instead of days. I can make anything almost 200x faster than hard coding it. So here are my challenges to you, I MAY (not for sure) even send someone (via Paypal) anywhere from $1 to $5 depending on how good of a program you create:

Challenge #1 - Create a Text Editor that saves files in RTF and or TEXT form, opens RTF and Text, you can change the style of the text - size, color, font, font face etc. Anyways to get you started, if you download the tutorial DMG or ZIP (on windows) you make that thing as the tutorial.

Challenge #2 - Create a progress bar that starts only when certain check boxes are checked, make a row of 3x3 check boxes, make it to where the progress bar won't start until 4 out of the three are checked. Make a start button and a dialog box that says if its the wrong combination.

Challenge #3 - ... Let's see, we need something harder... How about a CD Player? Or an Internet Browser where you can save notes about pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.