Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
There are now rumors of a MacBook Pro update, but what do you think the chances are of a update to the normal MacBook?

bakerster

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
little to none, the macbooks were recently updated in november.

look for a late summer update.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
look for a late summer update.

Naw, they'll see a speed bump before June (when the iPod deal for students starts).

I think early May is a good bet based on previous years. I doubt we'll see anything new (probably a minor speed bump and an HD/RAM boost). Last May was similar as well (the C2D macbooks got a speed bump and the base model got more RAM).

cudo

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2007
In my head.
im rather passive user of this forum, namely i do read more and post less but there has been 50 threads or so on this within the last week :D

krewelement394

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
ok.. im hoping that they do not make a new macbook uintill another few months like 4 or 5!
im getting a macbook soon so it will just suck if i get the macbook and tehn a few days/weeks/months later they take out a new one!
but...did they not already bearly take out a new mac...mac book air./...:apple:

benjaminbr

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2008
I hope they use the LED backlights in the next update. Are there online comparisons between the lifetimes of LED and CCFLs?

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Oh darn, hindsight is always the best. :)

You know what they say, hindsight vision is always in 20/20. :)

Nonetheless, I am shocked with today's update. The macbook traditionally would have been updated in 2 or 3 months. There was really no reason to bring to "par" with the macbook pro.

What will the Buyer's Guide look like now! :eek::p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.