Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GradyG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
Hi, long story short, I woke up at midnight (pacific time) last Friday to pre order series 4. And straight away, backorderd 3 weeks! You can imagine my disappointment.

What are my chances of getting a 44mm SB SS series 4 on launch day? At Apple? And at target?

In other words what’s the best store to go to and what time?

Thanks so much!

porkrind

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
Based on what I’ve been reading here and on Reddit, SS supplies are severely constrained. Your best best is to go to an Apple store and get in line tonight. Target may not get any SS models for walk up tomorrow.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hi, long story short, I woke up at midnight (pacific time) last Friday to pre order series 4. And straight away, backorderd 3 weeks! You can imagine my disappointment.

What are my chances of getting a 44mm SB SS series 4 on launch day? At Apple? And at target?

In other words what’s the best store to go to and what time?

Thanks so much!

Target and other third-party retailers very rarely stocks the stainless models, it’s more of the aluminum. I would check Targets website for inventory before you actually venture to a ‘Big Box’ retailer. As for Apple, every store is different, they will not nearly have as many stainless watches compared to the aluminum, because of the popularity and price point difference.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Probably not, given the constrained stock - Maybe apple misjudged the appeal of the SS this time

Cscc0863

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2015
Orlando, FL
I was able to order from Best Buy for in store pickup this morning. 44 sbss. Check if your local store still has some as we still have stores in Orlando with that model in stock for pickup today

metalsiren

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2017
No big deal to wait 1 week. A slight delay which is better than 3 weeks delay.

agreed, but still driving me crazy I keep checking my credit card and apple all the time for changes :)
[doublepost=1537528551][/doublepost]
I was able to order from Best Buy for in store pickup this morning. 44 sbss. Check if your local store still has some as we still have stores in Orlando with that model in stock for pickup today

yea I tried at 3AM, and there was one in Fayetteville BB but I live in Raleigh and because of all the Florance flooding near and around Fayetteville, I was not even going to chance it. otherwise, I would have

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.