Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flood4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2014
Hi.
How can I change the image of my credit card in Apple Pay?
I have two identical one, and they are almost white so the 4 digit are almost invisible.

Every time I use it I need to check my bank statement to check which one I used… at that point it’s faster to find my wallet…

Flood4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2014
Damn. How they haven’t tested something so basic. Incredible.
A 8 year old would have thought of that.

MegaBlue

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2022
Tennessee, United States
Damn. How they haven’t tested something so basic. Incredible.
A 8 year old would have thought of that.
It’s not they didn’t test it or didn’t think about it. It’s a result of the agreements they’ve made with banks and card issuers.

The image for your card can’t be changed on the other major mobile wallets, such as Samsung Pay or Google Pay either.

99% of the time, a missing feature isn’t because nobody thought of it. There’s always a reason as to why something is or isn’t included.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Flood4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2014
It’s not they didn’t test it or didn’t think about it. It’s a result of the agreements they’ve made with banks and card issuers.

The image for your card can’t be changed on the other major mobile wallets, such as Samsung Pay or Google Pay either.

99% of the time, a missing feature isn’t because nobody thought of it. There’s always a reason as to why something is or isn’t included.
A simple rule that would change the color of the digit based on the background would have been enough. Pale gray background, put the digit in black, not white!

Reactions: compwiz1202

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Again, the card issuer has some control over that icon. Try contacting (whatever card) support. They may have an answer for you.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
If you have more than these two cards in your Apple Wallet, space them face apart then eventually with muscle memory you can train your brain to remember which is which based on where they are in the stack.

Or maybe set one as default?

Hope one of these helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.