Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
On my iPad Mini 6 the 123 button is not on the bottom far left which belongs to the stupid smily face icon. However on the work iPad Classic it is. How can I change my Mini keyboard so that the 123 button is the very far bottom left?

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
You can remove the additional emoji keyboard under:

Settings > General > Keyboard

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
Howcome the iPad classic keyboard layout has that key in a different place than the Mini?
Probably Apple decided this based on screen size and thus, perhaps, according to them, ergonomically its an improvement or necessity to do that? Dont know.
All I know that I wish there was an option to get Microsoft Windows onscreen keyboard our household Surface Book 13.5 has, that keyboard is so easy to type on even not looking at it all the time, unlike any other iPad keyboard Ive typed on which is a chore to do, 12.9 iPP here. At least for me.

Reactions: jwolf6589

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Probably Apple decided this based on screen size and thus, perhaps, according to them, ergonomically its an improvement or necessity to do that? Dont know.
All I know that I wish there was an option to get Microsoft Windows onscreen keyboard our household Surface Book 13.5 has, that keyboard is so easy to type on even not looking at it all the time, unlike any other iPad keyboard Ive typed on which is a chore to do, 12.9 iPP here. At least for me.
Oh well guess I need to get adjusted to the different keyboard layouts. At work one layout and at home another layout.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.