Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
I have a Mac mini (mid 2011) that I recently updated and noticed this new "feature", which seems to stress my GPU and cause framerate drops. Is there any way to disable this this annoying feature?

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I'm not sure what your "normal" is, because nothing has changed about swiping up with three fingers on the trackpad to get Mission Control in Sierra. That being said, you can change the setting (or turn it off) in System Prefs>Trackpad.

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
I'm not sure what your "normal" is, because nothing has changed about swiping up with three fingers on the trackpad to get Mission Control in Sierra. That being said, you can change the setting (or turn it off) in System Prefs>Trackpad.
In older versions, swiping up would cause it to swipe up at full speed. Now, it tries to go the speed you move your fingers at.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Odd. I would say it has always worked this way, at least I thought I remember it working this way in El Cap. To be honest, though, I never gave it much attention so I'll take your word for it.

AllStarCelica

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011
Long Island, NY
In older versions, swiping up would cause it to swipe up at full speed. Now, it tries to go the speed you move your fingers at.

I experienced the same thing on my early 2014, i7, 8 GB RAM macbook air. To get mission control to react the same way El Capitan did, I had to give it a serious hard 4-finger flick. It was very uncomfortable, as I rely on fast, smooth app switching through mission control for my workflow. It felt very unnatural. But if I did normal 4-finger swiping, it was too slow and I would run out of room on the trackpad before the windows had completely spread.

I also noticed that there was an issue in Microsoft Word for mac while using Sierra. I have to use word for work and often get files that need constant zooming in/out. So I always hold the CTRL key and 2-finger up/down for quick zooming in/out. On Sierra, the zooming was so jittery, "stuttery", unpredictable and far from smooth. I'd spend way too much time trying to get the right level of zoom, as I'd either go far or not far enough.

Fortunately, I made sure to do a time machine backup right before the sierra installation so I utilized it and rolled my system back to El Capitan. I really hope in a future update, Apple reverts these animations to El Capitan movements. I would love to have Siri on here. I played around with it and it was awesome. It would be a serious help, but an un-interrupted workflow was sadly more important.

Reactions: !!!
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.