Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peejer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
TN
Ok not my name my computer's name.

Here's what I did. I made a hackintosh. I used my bought retail copy of leopard and used disk utility to restore my cloned HD from my Macbook Pro. So my desktop is running great however I would like to enable screen share between the MBP and the desktop. But the computers have the same name.

How can I get the network to differentiate the two?

peejer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
TN
I don't think you are missing anything mkrish! That is my question as well.

I was trying to enable screen share and last night it wouldn't work. But I think the mere act of posting this question worked magic!

I changed my desktop's name after the clone last night. Tried screen share and nothing.

Posted here and it worked at least from my laptop to the desktop. However when I try to screen share from my desktop to the laptop the option to screen share is not available.

I can't explain it! Maybe Arn has special powers?

peejer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
TN
Thanks for the quick tip! I'm looking into that link now and will let you know what happens.

Again thanks!

peejer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
TN
Now I can't share between either computers! ARGHHHHH! I've got to go eat. I'll figure this out later.... he says hopefully :)

peejer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
TN
When I click on my desktop icon and pull up the finder window and then select my laptop's name, I choose get info and it tells me that my Laptop is a PC Server. Does this sound right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.