Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dirtyharrydev

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
Hi,
Do someone know how I change the default airdrop folder?
Currently it's the download folder as default but I want to change it.

Reactions: jagooch

dreambitious

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2014
Solution

The solution to your problem is quite easy. I just had the same problem and I had an idea and it fixed it.
Solution:
1)Locate your contact name in the address book it will be the one with (me) on the right side of the name.
2) Click Edit.
3) Add the same email address that you use for iCloud in your contact info and then click done.
4) Switch off the Airdrop on your iPhone and open it again.
5) Open the contacts app on your mac and let it refresh (It will sync with your phone).
6) Open the Airdrop tab on your mac and it should be fixed.
Note: WiFi should be on for the sync to work
I hope that helps:D:)

Last edited:

ricede

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2010
Inside
Hi,
Do someone know how I change the default airdrop folder?
Currently it's the download folder as default but I want to change it.

I have also wondered how to do this. I took this post to be referring to the default folder on a mac, not on an iPhone.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I'm running into this problem, too. Airdrop is interfering with my existing file workflows and I cannot get it out of the way. I use Airdrop for files that I need before they are available on iCloud. I put a lot of files that land in Downloads into iCloud using Hazel, so Airdrop can cause duplicates that hazel will try to import both into iCloud ( e.g. Photos library ).

I might have to change where files download to from Downloads to another folder to fix this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.