Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michelasso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Treviso, Italy
I want to change the notification sound of Google Calendar and IFTTT, that defaults to Tri-tone, to something less invasive. Is there any way to do it? Because neither app seems to have a custom option, and in the general settings there isn't an option to at least modify it for all 3rd party apps. Any idea? I really dislike that sound.

I have an iPhone XR with iOS 12.1 if that matters..

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Currently, you can't change the sound for those two apps. I'm pretty sure iOS notification sound access (for changes) is off limits to developers.

Since some apps do give some choices in their own settings area then I have to assume it's the developer that thinks the default tri-tone sound is adequate. Wrong!

Michelasso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Treviso, Italy
As I thought. Thanks. I'd say this is simply ridiculous, starting from Apple. I can be fine with a common sound, but let me at least choose it! :mad:

Michelasso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Treviso, Italy
Ah, don't worry. I blame the 3rd party apps developers as well (in this case Google and IFTTT). I'm especially surprised by IFTTT. It allows to program all kind of events, with many actions, and it doesn't care about setting a custom notification! While probably it has an action for that to do it in an applet..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.