Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DerMario

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
I would like to download and install an app from the internet. But the download site has an Versionnumbercheck. So it tells me that I can't download because i don't fulfill the requirements.

How can I change the number just for that check and change it back after it... ?

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
How on earth you could possibly think of making this thread and NOT telling what the actual website is? :)

cylack

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2006
Orlando, FL
This was written by someone else on this forum. I had copied it to my Evernote so I don't know who wrote it, but it works flawlessly:

Go to System->Library->CoreServices inside your OS X hard drive and open the file "SystemVersion.plist" with TextEdit. Change the system version listed under "ProductVersion" to whatever you desire.

My notes to the above: You have to make sure that everyone has read&write privileges on the file (do get info on the file). Also, you have to make a copy of this file and modify it while it is not in the CoreServices folder. Copy this modified file back to the CoreServices folder and overwrite the old file.

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Because it is ABSOLUTELY unimportant #
But it is myharmony.com

Well I wasn't aware of the method mentioned above, but it's often possible to download the same file from other mirrors (like softpedia) or trick the original page to make it allow the downloading.

DerMario

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
Could perhaps someone download the file with an old version and upload it anywhere?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.