Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yorkshire Lad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2015
Leeds
Same here. But it isn't instantaneous.

I can also look at email through my Nokia N95. Once I download messages from the server they disappear from the N95 next time it interrogates the server. Normal behaviour and I'm fine with that.

With the iPad Mini 2 - but not so much the iPod 6 - it seems to wait a day or so to lull you in to a false sense of security, then tell you it can't find the message body. The headers only it knows about.

I can understand if it's a memory thing (although unhelpful), the iPod 6 having more than the iPad Mini 2, I think; but the time lag between messages being downloaded off the server and the Mail App noticing is odd. iOS 9.0.2 on both devices.

Gary

Yorkshire Lad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2015
Leeds
And now the message have gone from both devices, after 24 hours. There must be a setting somewhere which we're not given access to!

Gary

Sinc52

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2015
I am having this same problem. It just started on 9/18/15. I can't seem to find an answer for this either. I ended up just deleting the messages that were affected on my iDevices (iPhone 6 and iPad Air), while keeping these on my Mac in mail. I'm waiting to see what/if something else will be affected this coming week. If anyone has an answer, please, please help!

Me too! I've been searching this and it does seem to be a problem with iOS 9 and has been happening since I upgraded to 9. I have gmail, imap email (and the same account in pop3) and iCloud email accounts and use the Mail client and it's not making any difference. One site said turn off SSL but that also makes no difference. See also rebooting the device, reinstalling the email accounts etc etc the imap email doesn't recognise the password blah de blah . Seeing as Apple's reputation is built on everything fitting together 'seamlessly ' it seems a bit suspicious. Maybe they're bringing out some new version of the Mail client?

Yorkshire Lad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2015
Leeds
Just to confirm it still happens in iOS 9.1. Anyone know of a good POP3 mail app that retains messages?

Gary

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.