Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I Cant Remember

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
I am having problems changing Google Chrome's icon (for IOS, of course). The problem seems to be that there is no known icon file for the app. At least, this is according to AppInfo (an app on Cydia which displays plenty of information about the app you selected). It does display the Bundle Identifier as com.google.chrome.ios, however.

Anyone know how to change its icon?

Last edited:

I Cant Remember

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
didnt even know it was out. downloading now

It's pretty fantastic :)
It's quick, just as its PC/Mac counterpart, and likewise, it has many features. It quickly became my main browser.
Only complaint is that many features are stuck in one pull-down menu, which makes using the app feel a bit clunky, that is until I get used to it :p

I Cant Remember

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Assuming your iPad is jailbroken, head to Cydia and download browser changer. Then go to your settings, find it, then select Chrome.

On a more relavent note, has anyone figured out how to change Chrome's icon non-summerboard-ly?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I am having problems changing Google Chrome's icon (for IOS, of course). The problem seems to be that there is no known icon file for the app. At least, this is according to AppInfo (an app on Cydia which displays plenty of information about the app you selected). It does display the Bundle Identifier as com.google.chrome.ios, however.

Anyone know how to change its icon?

I just had a look at a theme I'm using (ayecon) and it has the icon labelled Icon@2x.png and placed in themename/Bundles/com.google.chrome.ios and it works fine. I'm on 5.1.1.

Are you using WinterBoard or trying to change it yourself manually?

I Cant Remember

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
I'm trying to use a bundles folder to change it (is this considered winterboard?). I've created a folder named com.google.chrome.ios and I have an Icon@2x.png inside the folder, but the icon refuses to change after respringing.

----------

Well, after reinstalling the app, it seems to have changed. I must've done something previously to it. Thanks for the help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.