Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
I have a developer account under my personal name and with renewal coming up I would like to change my account to my business name. My question is do I have to register a new Apple ID account or can I change my developer account type during renewal?

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Note that Apple may require you to have an incorporated corporation (C corp, LLC or equivalent) with a D&B number in order to either change the name to a business name, or to enroll a new entity as a company in the iOS developer program.

Kryckter

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Im pretty sure they won't let you just change your business name on an individual account. You will probably need an LLC at least... At least years ago I believe thats how it was.

MisawaSoftware

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2014
Firewood is correct, I had to go through that process when changing from an individual account to a business. (At least for the US) You have to be incorporated , have a D&B number and an IRS tax number. I think I may of needed a business bank account at some point in that process as well. Either way, you should have a business bank account if you plan on running a business.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
Forgot to update on this... everything went smoothly. I had DnB verify my company and gave Apple Dev Support my DUN # they were able to verify and make the switch over while on the phone. Took all over 10mins... It helps a lot if you're the owner calling in and you have a valid domain that matches your company as an email addy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.