Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bardwolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2022
Hi everybody.

I have been trying to do this but can’t find a way to do it, so hope anyone knows about this.

I would like to change the extension o a list of files. I know how to change one by one, but would like to do it in bulks. I have been testing to do it with Shortcuts, but can’t get it.

Anybody could help me?

Thanks in advance :)

cateye

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
1. Select a range of files in Finder.
2. Go to File > Rename...
3. You'll be presented with an IF/THEN style dialog. Enter the original element you want to replace in the first box, and the replacement text in the second box. There are also multiple other options available via the drop down menu.
4. There is no step 4.

EDIT: Wait, you've posted this in the iOS Apps board. Did you mean you're trying to do this in the Files app? If so, there is no method that I'm aware of for what you describe. The method I described is for MacOS.

Bardwolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2022
H. Yes, sorry, I didn’t mention it being about iOS/ipadOS because I had posted the question in that board.

I know there’s no way to do it through the Files app, that’s why I was trying to use Shortcuts.

Thanks anyway!

Last edited:

cateye

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
Gotcha, my bad then. Sorry for offering a non-applicable solution. :) Good luck.

Bardwolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2022
Gotcha, my bad then. Sorry for offering a non-applicable solution. :) Good luck.
Oh, don’t worry. Thank you so much for trying to help me. This is one of the very very few things that MacOS is better than iPadOS for my user case, and I hope I’ll be able to solve it soon.
Maybe another Macrumors user can shed a bit of light over this for both of us 😅

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.