Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Is it possible to change the login background in OS X Lion?

The gray sketchy desktop background looks faded and not sharp on my Macbook Pro when I log in. When my laptop goes to sleep and I have to login in again, the background instead is my desktop background and the login looks sharper, also the log-in box is on the top of the screen instead of the bottom (first login position). Looks better and resolution is sharper.

Any way to change this?

Much appreciated!

loby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Is it possible to change the login background in OS X Lion?

The gray sketchy desktop background looks faded and not sharp on my Macbook Pro when I log in. When my laptop goes to sleep and I have to login in again, the background instead is my desktop background and the login looks sharper, also the log-in box is on the top of the screen instead of the bottom (first login position). Looks better and resolution is sharper.

Any way to change this?

Much appreciated!

Actually, I found something that will work. There is a free program called "Loginox" and will change the login background etc. If you want to use the program on an older OS X like OS X Lion or Snow Leopard, then contact them and they will send a link to download older versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.