Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fikhl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Hello everyone!

I got my iPod touch yesterday (my first Apple product!) with the fimware 4.2.1 and jailbroke it with Greenposion 6.1.

I've read that it's necessary to change the root password after jailbreaking, I was wondering if it's necessary to do that when using Greenpoison? Should I still change it via MobileTerminal?

Thanks in advance.

this is funah

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Berlin, Germany
it depends on what kind of wifi networks youre consistently on.

if you're using public or semi-public wifi networks, then you should probably change your root password.
OR
you can install SBSettings and keep the SSH toggle off and only turn it on when needed, which is what i do. keep in mind that every time you restart it will automatically turn SSH access back on, which is a safety measure in the case something gets corrupted.

fikhl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
it depends on what kind of wifi networks youre consistently on.

if you're using public or semi-public wifi networks, then you should probably change your root password.
OR
you can install SBSettings and keep the SSH toggle off and only turn it on when needed, which is what i do. keep in mind that every time you restart it will automatically turn SSH access back on, which is a safety measure in the case something gets corrupted.
Thanks for the reply!

I hadn't noticed that there's a SSH toggle in SBSetting. I'll turn that off for now.

Also MobileTerminal doesn't seem to work on iOS 4. So I'll have to wait anyway.

Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.