Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
I really hate posting this, because it HAS to be a simple thing. But I'm at a loss after using Panther for a year.

How do I change the default for ALL folders, so that they appear as vertical small folders (what's the techie name for this?) as opposed to the large icon only view?
Most folders generally open up in the vertical small icon way, but when I'm dragging files/folders around, and using spring loaded folders to dig deep into a folder, I come across the large icon few of the folder 90% of the time. This is a pain in the a** when you have a folder containing 40 other folders, and the spring loaded folder opens in large icon view with 9 icons viewable at once.

Any help here?

~Earendil

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
unfortunately, this is a problem with the Finder. you can't really set the default. if you make a new folder, it will default to large icon view. i know it's annoying, but afaik, there is no way to set the default view for ALL folders - you can go manually change it, but still, new ones will show up in the icon view. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.