Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

usman.javaid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2021
Hey everyone, this question might be asked somewhere before but couldn’t find any recent thread on it. Hence asking here.

I recently got AirPods Pro. I have an Apple 20W charger for my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Is it safe to charge the AirPods Pro using that charger?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hey everyone, this question might be asked somewhere before but couldn’t find any recent thread on it. Hence asking here.

I recently got AirPods Pro. I have an Apple 20W charger for my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Is it safe to charge the AirPods Pro using that charger?
You can charge AirPods with any USB charger. They won't charge any faster, nor will they overcharge.

Reactions: usman.javaid

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
As above, they’ll charge at the rate they were designed to, regardless of what they’re plugged into. If it helps put your mind at rest though, mine have often been charged with my 96W Apple USB-C charger, which out of curiosity I’ve monitored with my power meter and it’s all fine.

Reactions: usman.javaid
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.