Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Not sure, but I placed an order for the charging cable on 4/11 and the status changed to "preparing for shipment" yesterday, so I expect it to arrive the same day or the day after my actual Apple Watch. New orders say 7-10 business days, so my guess is that it will be a few days before stores have them in stock.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
And you know that how ? I'm not saying you're wrong but do you have a source ?

I because I can't see Apple launching a product and not having spare chargers and straps available to entice people that are clearly in the mood for spending money.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
I because I can't see Apple launching a product and not having spare chargers and straps available to entice people that are clearly in the mood for spending money.
Well, we're talking about the largest corporation in the world who won't even launch a brand new product out of their own retail store.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

So it's only your opinion then. They have launched iPads and iPhones before without having accessories available especially official cases before. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that accessories will be in short supply and not available in store on launch day. They may well be selling charge cables and even possibly additional bands but we don't know for sure. We also don't know if they are what the supply will be like.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
So it's only your opinion then. They have launched iPads and iPhones before without having accessories available especially official cases before. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that accessories will be in short supply and not available in store on launch day. They may well be selling charge cables and even possibly additional bands but we don't know for sure. We also don't know if they are what the supply will be like.

Which iPad & iPhone did Apple launch that didn't have accessories available for it?

BrianNH

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
I strolled into my local Apple Store with my new watch, picked up a charger, paid for it on my phone and walked out. Yes they have them.

bulbousnub

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
If anyone wants to just order one online, I grabbed a 1m today and it shipped within a few hours. It'll be here on Tuesday.

danniexi

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Called my local Apple Store in Long Island (Manhassat). They didn't have any accessories in stock.

BrianNH

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Bummer. fwiw, I was surprised that the one I picked up in the store was a stainless just like came with my watch. I figured they would be the cheaper plastic sport ones.

alireza76

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
seems they have it now

Attachments

• IMG_1884-1.jpg
    IMG_1884-1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 167

LiemTa

Suspended
Jun 2, 2014
they didn't had any at the Fifth Avenue Store in NY
Got my Sports Watch today and the charger is completely plastic

Man, Apple really went out of their way to make apparent the difference between SS and Sports models customers. It's their way of punishing those who are too cheap but still want to feel cool.

Minxie03

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2015
Denver Aspen Grove location had the chargers. Picked one up today.

They did not have any bands.

"Check back with us. They should be coming soon", was the response when asked.

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Neither Apple Stores in Freehold Mall, NJ or Menlo Park Mall, Edison, NJ had any accessories for the WATCH.

cjrzasa

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2013
Neither Apple Stores in Freehold Mall, NJ or Menlo Park Mall, Edison, NJ had any accessories for the WATCH.

Did you try the one in Lawrenceville? Was thinking about checking it out this weekend when o go visit family up that way. It's about a half hour from me. They didn't seem optimistic about having things in stock when I went in on 4/10 for my try on but then again they also said they wouldn't have chargers and apparently those can be found. If I make it there before you I'll update here!

bulbousnub

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Man, Apple really went out of their way to make apparent the difference between SS and Sports models customers. It's their way of punishing those who are too cheap but still want to feel cool.

Hold on. Not the thread for this but I want to stop this right the hell now. Some of us with the Sport model have a legitimate allergy to Stainless steel. Like me. We're not all cheap bastards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.