Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
First thing I noticed is that one can't really know when the battery is fully charged as it was done before, as the upper small icon doesn't change from a lightning to a plug.

I kind of found a workaround for those who wanna actually make sure it's 100% charged.

Go into Settings, General, Use and go all the way down. If the "Use Time" timers have gone back to 0, then you're good to go.

P.S: I know a lot of you don't care about it, but searching the forums I found quite some people asking about it.

Attachments

• IMG_0047.PNG
    IMG_0047.PNG
    68.2 KB · Views: 134

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
If you lock your device, when you wake it up (but don't unlock it) the charge level will show under the time for a few seconds then switch to the date.

In the early betas the lightning bolt pulsed when it was charging and stayed solid after it was done which I liked a lot better.

I think we are close to a point where the battery level indicator is "good enough" though, it isn't as important the difference between 98% charged and 100% charged.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Saw that indicator under the time too, but still, 100% doesn't mean it's fully charged. If you've owned an iOS device you'll know that when it hits 100% it's still charging with that lightning icon. Then, after 5-15 minutes it shows the plug so you know it is completely charged.

That being said yes, I also think 100% won't make a real difference against a 98%, but there are people who wanna know so I just posted a way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.