Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnoggs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Bedfordshire
Hi all,

Can someone tell me what’s going on here, when watch is on its charger it goes into a loop every15-20 seconds?
Iwatch series’s 5

Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: appltech

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Is that the proper Apple charger? The video is so dark I can’t tell. But if it’s not the proper one what happens when you use it?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I get that with one of my 3rd party chargers. Been doing it every night for 2 years… the watch still charges so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
It's possible the charger your using is causing the problem but there's a thread with a forum member complaining about the same problem..

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
I had this problem with charger from china, use certified one or get it fixed under guarantee. Not worth damaging the battery.

macnoggs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Bedfordshire
Thanks all, it is a 3rd party charger & as one of you said it’s only been happening since last update to the watch. ?

NoGood@Usernames

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2020
United States
@macnoggs - I don't want to speak too soon, but I believe the 8.5.1 update released today might have fixed the issue for me! I put the watch on the charger to install the update a few hours ago and left it there. It's been at 100% for about 2 hours now and while I haven't been sitting next to it watching it like a hawk (charger is on my bedroom nightstand) I've checked in on it a few times and so far I haven't seen it happen. I'll post back if I see any change in that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.