Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 1, 2021
Hi, it's my birthday next month and I am probably going to ask for money from everyone, so I can buy the base model new iPad Mini. I need a new iPad.
I live in the U.K. and was wondering where the cheapest place to buy it from is? I've looked at the usual retailers but it's £479 in all of them. Does anyone offer it for less? I'd like to buy brand new rather then refurbished or second hand.

YanniDepp

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
It's a brand-new device. Everywhere is constantly sold out of it - they can't order them fast enough. Why would they offer a discount?

AJB1971

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2011
I know you said you don’t want refurbished, but the iPad mini 6th generation should be available from the Apple refurbished store shortly - usually 3 months after launch but appears to be delayed. They normally come with a 15% discount and I’d expect them to be priced at around £409.

You can save a further 1.7% off the net price by using TopCashback, which would be just under £6, although cashback is never guaranteed.

If you do want new, BT Shop are selling them for £459 (the same as Amazon), but you can get 1.7% off the net price through TopCashback, which is another £6.50.

Other options are -
- buying through a retailer with a store on eBay - Argos, Currys, etc. and trying to stack discount codes, cashback, Nectar points, etc. Not as easy as it once was as a lot of discount codes are now restricted to certain stores.
- the Apple Education Store.
- it’s also worth mentioning that John Lewis offers 2-year guarantees and you can price match and get cashback.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pezimak

Chaparral02

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2021
Hi, it's my birthday next month and I am probably going to ask for money from everyone, so I can buy the base model new iPad Mini. I need a new iPad.
I live in the U.K. and was wondering where the cheapest place to buy it from is? I've looked at the usual retailers but it's £479 in all of them. Does anyone offer it for less? I'd like to buy brand new rather then refurbished or second hand.

The pink one is £15 off (£464) on Amazon UK and they have them in stock

It £20 off (£459) the starlight one on Amazon UK but this colour is out of stock

Last edited:
Reactions: Pezimak

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 1, 2021
I know you said you don’t want refurbished, but the iPad mini 6th generation should be available from the Apple refurbished store shortly - usually 3 months after launch but appears to be delayed. They normally come with a 15% discount and I’d expect them to be priced at around £409.

You can save a further 1.7% off the net price by using TopCashback, which would be just under £6, although cashback is never guaranteed.

If you do want new, BT Shop are selling them for £459 (the same as Amazon), but you can get 1.7% off the net price through TopCashback, which is another £6.50.

Other options are -
- buying through a retailer with a store on eBay - Argos, Currys, etc. and trying to stack discount codes, cashback, Nectar points, etc. Not as easy as it once was as a lot of discount codes are now restricted to certain stores.
- the Apple Education Store.
- it’s also worth mentioning that John Lewis offers 2-year guarantees and you can price match and get cashback.

The pink one is £15 off (£464) on Amazon UK and they have them in stock

It £20 off (£459) the starlight one on Amazon UK but this colour is out of stock

Thanks, £20 off isn't too bad. Thank you for the links and tips.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.