Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdogmedia

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Kirkland, WA
I've got a client (a log home designer) who wants his design binder that he hands out to clients to be turned into a PDF form. Having played around with Acrobat in the past, I though it would be no problem, which it hasn't been for the most part.

Unfortunately I'm running into an issue with check boxes. If there are multiple check boxes on a page, only one of them can be checked at once, and selecting a second checkbox will deselect the first one. I've opened up the Properties tab on each checkbox, and find absolutely zero options for multiple selections.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with the fact that each check box I created was copied and pasted from the one before it (to maintain a uniform size). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thx.

hana

macrumors regular
May 23, 2003
Los Angeles
I just started myself with Acrobat .....but I think even if you copy and paste the check boxes to keep the uniform size, you still have to double click them to give each one a unique name under the "Check Box Properties" under the "General" Tab. So you have to rename them "Check Box 1" then the next one "Check Box 2" then the next one "Check Box 3"....and so on...... Otherwise they are perfect clones of each other and as you click one box, the others will be clicked also....

wdogmedia

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Kirkland, WA
hana said:
I just started myself with Acrobat .....but I think even if you copy and paste the check boxes to keep the uniform size, you still have to double click them to give each one a unique name under the "Check Box Properties" under the "General" Tab. So you have to rename them "Check Box 1" then the next one "Check Box 2" then the next one "Check Box 3"....and so on...... Otherwise they are perfect clones of each other and as you click one box, the others will be clicked also....

Thanks, you were right....crap, now I gotta go back and rename 200+ check boxes.....nothing like repetitive motion. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.