Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robot21

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2022
p.p. If you shift your view (tilt it), do you still see them? Mine like I said are showing on and off depending if I tilt a bit my head which I found really weird. (all red so far like authors post)
i don't know and cant test that anymore since i returned the phone already 😅

BorisDG

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2021
Bulgaria, EU
Another update from me. So I don't have dead pixels. It's some really really small dust particles (microns) which cover the pixel - ie. that's why I can see them working from side. I also turned off the screen and put like needle point on the pixel, than used a flashlight with the magnifying glass. Yes I see a bit of dot (gray-ish) dust. Feeling better. :D

Reactions: Robot21

Robot21

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2022
Sure. I push my thumbs that you get pixel perfect screen. Share results when you have some. :)
Not really an update but my sister bought a 14PM and her screen is perfect, lucky her haha the only """defect""" she has on her phone is a hairline scratch on the apple logo but she doesn't really seem care because it will get scratched up anyways in the future.

Reactions: BorisDG

BorisDG

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2021
Bulgaria, EU
Not really an update but my sister bought a 14PM and her screen is perfect, lucky her haha the only """defect""" she has on her phone is a hairline scratch on the apple logo but she doesn't really seem care because it will get scratched up anyways in the future.
I hope you checked it really good! :D Mine I can't see without magnifier. If i stay like 2-3 cm from screen its flawless. Same even if the magnifying glass is not "glued" to my eye for MEGA zoom. :D But it's dust .. so yeah.

Robot21

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2022
I hope you checked it really good! :D Mine I can't see without magnifier. If i stay like 2-3 cm from screen its flawless. Same even if the magnifying glass is not "glued" to my eye for MEGA zoom. :D But it's dust .. so yeah.
as long as i can't see it with my eyes, its fine for me haha the problems with my Iphone was i could see the dead pixel even without a magnifier(i don't have one haha).

Reactions: BorisDG

BorisDG

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2021
Bulgaria, EU
as long as i can't see it with my eyes, its fine for me haha the problems with my Iphone was i could see the dead pixel even without a magnifier(i don't have one haha).
Well that sucks than. It was than 100% dead. I checked all and I have zero dead. Just the three dust dots. Since I've reached to a conclusion I'm out of that s**t and I won't look anymore. :D

MaxGolden12

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2020
IMG_0599.jpeg

IMG_0702.jpeg IMG_0766.jpeg IMG_0880.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

IMG_1368.jpeg

Several members of my family who are also deeply entrenched in the Apple ecosystem had to go through a number of iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Maxes due to dead pixels out of the box. Hopefully the QC on the upcoming 15s are much better. 🙄

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.