Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
FX468nbX0AIgZ0W

Alright here is what's known:
A11-A14 to start at release (I assume M1 iPads too but dunno)
A10 bugs being worked out so a possibility at launch but not known,
no A15 device to test so no A15 to start (mini6, iPhone 13's) is my understanding but should come eventually

The new checklist as of yesterday:
su9c3digozd91.jpg

Some rick roll like 'its morbin time' tweak partially working on iPadOS 15:
4c328b4a71e91.jpg

Recovery Mode working:
pkcnBwT.jpg

A Q&A session today (7/27) for how 'newcomers can prepare for JB' on Discord.

Who knows when it will release, but looking promising!

Also hopefully the 14.0-15.4.1 CoreTrust bug can be implemented for permanent signing and not relying on 7-day side loading processes.
(this works great with taurine-permanent on iOS 14.3 for me, no longer beholden to free user account certs / AltStore / Sideloadly)

--

Additionally - side note - a 15.0-15.4.1 Fugu15 is being demo'd in October (what was used in unc0ver/separate team for 'untether') so that's hopeful as well, but last I heard 15.2 has lots of new security features that could add some snags to JB.

I have faith we will see a JB this year, for sure, from Odyssey Team (Cheyote) but on sooner side too- however that is my own speculation. Things seem to be heating up a lot recently.

Also this is what the UI will look like roughly, very similar to Taurine with those flowing gradient vibes:
so2id6i6zld91.jpg

DISCUSS!

Last edited:
Reactions: rafark

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Hi will cheyote be available for A9? Currently on 15.0.2 and can't downgrade.

I don’t think so. At least not initially it’s a11-a14

A9 would be a good candidate for checkra1n which I assume would get updated at a similar time even though different methods and team

• Sad

johnjkjk

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2021
I don’t think so. At least not initially it’s a11-a14

A9 would be a good candidate for checkra1n which I assume would get updated at a similar time even though different methods and team
Thanks. Where can I follow the progress of checkra1n? Are they using a different exploit?

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Thanks. Where can I follow the progress of checkra1n? Are they using a different exploit?
jailbreak sub on reddit.

To me jailbreaking is dead once iOS 16 comes out sadly :(

Looks like I was right sadly :(

Last edited:
  • Sad

johnjkjk

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2021
jailbreak sub on reddit.

To me jailbreaking is dead once iOS 16 comes out sadly :(
Why is that? Technical limitations or adequate features?

I'm new to jailbreaking. I have a technical background in embedded systems background but I dont understand why jailbreaking is so cryptic and needlessly complicated 🙁 I'm just hamstrung by lack of essential features and file system.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Why is that? Technical limitations or adequate features?

I'm new to jailbreaking. I have a technical background in embedded systems background but I dont understand why jailbreaking is so cryptic and needlessly complicated 🙁 I'm just hamstrung by lack of essential features and file system.
Can't say what max2's comment meant but jailbreaks are taking longer to come out and usually a couple updates out of date. For example, we will most likely see Cheyote after the release of ios16. It's complicated because Apple does quite a bit to combat it. Also the fact that the security exploits needed are worth a lot of $$$ nowadays and not always made public along with the disinterest of developers actually wanting to put the effort to make and support a public jailbreak tool. It's a lot of work with little reward. Adequate features definitely come into play as well in regards to the overall community. Users and developers alike have less reason to use a jailbroken phone. I don't think it'll die but likely become a smaller niche hobby (compared to the golden era) as long as public tools are available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.