Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fekkkin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2016
Hi all,
I've recently inherited an iPod classic with thousands of songs on it, and to make sure I didn't lose it's contents, I've moved all the hidden audio files onto my Seagate 1TB drive. I'd rather not have all the hidden files on my mac be showing, so I've looked towards the 'chflags nohidden' command to change the folder to non hidden. However, whenever I put in the Hard Drive's path (which has plenty of spaces in it), it returns 'no such file or directory'. Any ideas?

Tom

dsemf

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2014
Hi all,
I've recently inherited an iPod classic with thousands of songs on it, and to make sure I didn't lose it's contents, I've moved all the hidden audio files onto my Seagate 1TB drive. I'd rather not have all the hidden files on my mac be showing, so I've looked towards the 'chflags nohidden' command to change the folder to non hidden. However, whenever I put in the Hard Drive's path (which has plenty of spaces in it), it returns 'no such file or directory'. Any ideas?

Tom
Are you escaping the spaces in the path? Either add a backslash before each space or put the path in quotes.

DS

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
You can use path completion in Terminal. Just start typing the path and then press the tab key to fill in the rest. If there are multiple possible paths, then pressing tab twice will show you which way to go.

fekkkin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2016
Are you escaping the spaces in the path? Either add a backslash before each space or put the path in quotes.

DS
Thanks so much for that, I used KALLT's solution, and it came up with how you described it. Now I know what to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.