Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I have an Apple Card with savings account set up where I added our child (who's 15) as a participant. Is there a way to get the Daily Cash from her purchases applied to my (the parent's) savings account? I don't see a way you can do that when you access her Apple Card on her iPhone.

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
I can’t believe I just read all the fine print, lol. I think the simplest option would be to not set up Apple Cash on her phone, so that any Daily Cash she earns will just be credited back the owner’s account.

Last edited:

andrewj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I heard from Apple that the Apple Card Daily Cash only accumulates to that person's account, even though if the participant is a child. It would make more sense for the Daily Cash to redirect to the parent's savings account.

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
I heard from Apple that the Apple Card Daily Cash only accumulates to that person's account, even though if the participant is a child. It would make more sense for the Daily Cash to redirect to the parent's savings account.
Ah, I skipped over the part where they say you need to contact Goldman Sachs for the option I said earlier. If you don’t want to do that, just make sure she doesn’t think that spending more money is helping the family by earning cash, lol.

”6. …Participants under 18 on Apple Card Family accounts must have the family organizer of their Apple Cash Family set up their own Apple Cash card. If you do not have an Apple Cash account, Daily Cash can be applied as a credit on account owner’s statement balance by contacting Goldman Sachs Bank USA.“

Reactions: andrewj
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.