Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdarling

macrumors P6
33,000 over multiple hours doesn't sound like a lot. Xiaomi gets 100,000 orders in 30 minutes.

So my big question is:

Were the prices stated in the China Mobile website? Maybe that's what held people back.

It'd be hard to believe that word didn't spread quickly.

--

Edit: aha, apparently it wasn't actual paid pre-orders. Just reservations. Which makes the low number even stranger, as you'd think that tons of people would pre-register simply to sell their early place in line.

Last edited:

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
And me three! I was thinking of getting the Note 4 but not if this is true. 5.5 will bring me back to the original team lol

Me four. A bigger screen and Wacom support would've been nice but ill take what I can get. I'll just have to used to not having a proper pen.

It'll also be nice to see a phablet run a choice of iPhone and/or iPad software but now I'm just dreaming.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
The Chinese market will be huge for Apple and no doubt they will be included in the first traunch of countries along with the US and UK. I just hope there will be enough phones to go around as I can't help thinking that China will be a priority market

iPhone 5S was sold in China at day one for the first time, I guess it will happen this time as well.
iPhone 5's rollout was faster, they added more countries one week after the first day of sales, while with iPhone 5S it took almost a month.

julo90

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2014
but I wonder if iphone saled on china are compatible with 3G of europe and america

__________________________________________________________________________________________
iphone 6 promotion galaxy note 3

Last edited:

RMC Tech

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
Lehigh Valley PA
Larger size = Android Switchers

I actually think this is true. I see a disproportionate amount of people everyday with mobile devices, where we end up in these kinds of conversations. Almost invariably, they all cite the wider screen on the Galaxy as the reason they chose it over iPhone. It's just a theory right now, but I totally think the article is on point with the idea that more people will switch from Android, because of the size of this thing. :apple:

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
iPhone 5S was sold in China at day one for the first time, I guess it will happen this time as well.
iPhone 5's rollout was faster, they added more countries one week after the first day of sales, while with iPhone 5S it took almost a month.

Well I think that sales are going to be huge and there will be an unprecedented shortage so I am taking no chances and will queue up outside my nearest apple store at silly 'o' clock in the morning

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Well I think that sales are going to be huge and there will be an unprecedented shortage so I am taking no chances and will queue up outside my nearest apple store at silly 'o' clock in the morning

You'll be late. Better make that "silly 'o' clock 3 mornings before".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.