Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roxics

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2013
I still don't understand why the antennas can't go through the glass screen? Why do they need special panels on the back for the signals to go through?

At the very worst you'd think they could run the antennas around the outside of screen but still beneath the glass on the front panel. That would allow for a solid aluminum back.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
I guess it would make sense to move the power button from the top to the side, if the phone gathers extra size. Would much rather it be a camera button though I guess.

You do know, don't you, that the Volume Up button also is a shutter release for the camera?

----------

I still don't understand why the antennas can't go through the glass screen? Why do they need special panels on the back for the signals to go through?

At the very worst you'd think they could run the antennas around the outside of screen but still beneath the glass on the front panel. That would allow for a solid aluminum back.

Health reasons.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
So, assuming they go for the same company for the ships supporting

"dual 4G (TDD-LTE and FDD-LTE), WCDMA, CDMA2000, GSM, and CDMA1X."

- can the ones support indicate which one Apple has gone for?

tommyminahan

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
As part of its advertisement, China Telecom used an iPhone 6 rendering from a Behance gallery posted early last month by Tomas Moyano and Nicolas Aichino. The renderings have been fairly popular around the web, including in our own stories, but differ from most recent leaks in some aspects such as omitting a protruding camera ring and showing rear shells featuring different colors at top and bottom.

OMFG!
The amount of people on these forums that don't read the posts is too damn high!!

Seriously.. Do some of you people think this is Playboy? Just browsing the photos not reading a word of the articles??

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Yeah no... You can't really match the textured look of anodised aluminium with plastic. What they're doing is the best way to go and is stylish, matching the colours would make it look tacky.

To each their own, but really it's more tacky as is.

allanfries

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2013
Canada
Yes, I must say these renderings don't look half bad. Certainly better than some of the earlier concepts. Have to wonder about the flash though, as it looks like the older style and not the trutone?? At least the camera is flush. Only 2-3 more weeks for the real iPhone6! :cool:

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Argh! That picture has made it harder for me to decide what colour I want to go for this year. I've loved the gold 5s but I don't think I should buy the 6 in gold but I usually go for a different colour each year to mix things up a bit. Not a fan of the silver so I think it might be space grey this year. Or gold again if I just can't give it up.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
The design looks so much better without the island of aluminum.

Seriously. The island is so tacky. It's not the thick lines that bother me as much as the island they create. They could get rid of it if they wanted since it's purely aesthetic, but it's looking more and more like this is the final design. Just sad.

These renderings look amazing though. I think this design is what Apple was subconsciously aiming for but didn't quite make it. What these guys did here reminds me of the movie "Amadeus" when Mozart took Salieri's mediocre song and made it awesome. Embarrassing for Apple.

I'm just hoping the leaks are not the final design. We'll see soon enough.

Luscious

Suspended
Aug 8, 2007
I think I'm going to pass on the 6. The larger display is tempting, and whenever I buy my next iPhone I'll probably go that way, but outside of that there isn't anything about the new hardware that screams "must own". iOS 8 and the continuity features that will tie it to OS X Yosemite are what I'm really looking forward to!

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
So this image will be the real iPhone 6? I like it, because no ring pop up, completely flat design. Rounded two flash. Rounded edges for easier pick up from the tables etc

nineroad

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2014
Improper ad

Does anyone understand the meaning of last sentence? Sale your kidney for an iPhone6?! You must be joking. Hi MacRumors, please do something :mad:.

kdarling

macrumors P6

The top and bottom panels on the back most likely ARE the antennas. Just like with some HTC phones:

2014_htc_one_ip6.jpg

That's why they need a separator from the middle metal back piece.

As for the idea of having a solid metal back and internal antennas that only go out through the front glass, Apple tried that with one of the iPod touch models. Its WiFi reception was not as good as with an open back (since signals from the rear were blocked), and they dropped the all metal back with the next model.

Last edited:

johnmacward

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
How do they manage to do this considering Apple would skin them for suggesting an unannounced new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.