Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seitsme

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
-
hello,

i use Aegis subtitle program and some days ago i got a chinese subtitle text file to make it SRT etc.
I did the arrangement regarding timecode etc.

My issue.
With Aegis i use MAX char per line for EN subtitles 35, warning at 15 and error at 25.

i have no clue what is the setting i must use for Chinese so the characters will be readable enough on screen.

any clues from other experienced users on the above matter

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
hello,

i use Aegis subtitle program and some days ago i got a chinese subtitle text file to make it SRT etc.
I did the arrangement regarding timecode etc.

My issue.
With Aegis i use MAX char per line for EN subtitles 35, warning at 15 and error at 25.

i have no clue what is the setting i must use for Chinese so the characters will be readable enough on screen.

any clues from other experienced users on the above matter
Maybe outline the characters, make them a drawing and import as a picture

seitsme

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
-
it seems there is a bug with Aegis and developer forum seems to give no dime on fixing them... definitely was a preview bug issue, as i exported the subs in srt and other formats and tried a hard sub software solution to see if they would appear ok and i confirm they appeared ok... so its a bug in aegis preview app. cannot handle unicode i guess properly.

max.ine

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2016
I know the problem you’re talking about as I’ve run into it a few times before. A lot of us Aegisub users work with .ass files (the program’s own format) rather than .srt, so I doubt the developer of Aegisub is in any rush to fix that.

seitsme

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
-
So what are you suggesting max.ine ?
Is there a way to work with the SRT directly on Aegis ?
How do you cope with such situation - if you had similar problems in the past

i also work with my... ass files

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.