Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejosepha

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Hello,
I have the Ipad and am using the U.S. english keyboard though I live in France. I have paired my Imac bluetooth French keyboard to the Ipad but for writing mails or in Pages it remains an American keyboard layout. It turns out that the same is true without the external keyboard. I went into the setting and added the french to both the international keyboard option. I tap on the french keyboard that is now listed there with the english but I don't seem to be really choosing that as the default keyboard on the Ipad. I even tried to change the language to french on the Ipad itself but that didn't make a difference. I think I am missing a step in really choosing the french over the english or american keyboard option.
Also I noticed that the time on the Ipad was more than 30 minutes behind after I first paired it with the Imac bluetooth keyboard...maybe I just didn't notice it was off before. But the time was still off by 30 minutes after syncing. I changed it back manually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.