Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yiutsunchan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Hello to all of you

I a newbie to iPhone or COCOA programming, and I am not a native english speaker, pls forgive my poor english

I am going to write a application for iPhone. This application need to load a data file that contain "some strings and some numbers". And I think there is about 4000 record in the data file. I would like to do the real-time sorting .

Also I am writing the program on a MAC to generate the data file. I would like to know which type of data file should I use? As I know, there are some methods such as property list,archiving,and using SQL.

PLS give me some hints

THX a lot~~~~~~

ghayenga

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Hello to all of you

I a newbie to iPhone or COCOA programming, and I am not a native english speaker, pls forgive my poor english

I am going to write a application for iPhone. This application need to load a data file that contain "some strings and some numbers". And I think there is about 4000 record in the data file. I would like to do the real-time sorting .

Also I am writing the program on a MAC to generate the data file. I would like to know which type of data file should I use? As I know, there are some methods such as property list,archiving,and using SQL.

PLS give me some hints

THX a lot~~~~~~

Use an SQLite database. See THe SQLiteBooks example project.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.