Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mylodon

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2023
Los Angles
Hey guys, I am currently in the process of purchasing a mobile phone case for my iPhone 15PM.

I've conducted extensive market research, and here are some of the results from my surveys. I'm looking for a robust MagSafe phone case with a stand and high-level protection. The product should also be engaging and something that will keep me interested for a long time. This motivation is to prevent me from overspending, as I'm also planning to get a new MacBook for my graphic design work.

What I'm sharing is based solely on the brands I've come across so far and the products that have caught my attention. Feel free to share any products that you find interesting, and I'll carefully review the information and consider making a purchase.

Spigen: Magnetic Tough Armor

Material: PC+TPU
Protection: Military Grade Drop Protection via Extreme Protection Tech (although I didn't find specific professional certification information on their website)
MagSafe: Compatible with wireless charging and MagSafe accessories (I inquired about specific Magnetic data from customer service, but I haven't received a reply yet)
Appearance: Industrial design style.

Torras: Ostand Case

Material: TPU+TPE+PC+PMMA
Protection: Built-in air-filled bumpers surrounding the phone case for iPhone 15 Pro, designed to bounce back external forces. (It's claimed to have SGS-certified military-grade drop protection, which is impressive.)
MagSafe: Magnetic strength of 18N (directly displayed in the product introduction, indicating very strong magnetism)
Appearance: Simple design style. I find the stand ring interesting because it allows fingers to pass through, improving phone grip stability.

ESR: Cloud Series

Material: PC+Silicone+Zinc Alloy
Protection: Military-Grade Protection (although no specific professional certification information has been found yet)
MagSafe: built-in magnets with 1,500 g (directly mentioned in the product introduction)
Appearance: Simple design style with a bracket placed around the camera. This design is intriguing, but I have concerns about whether the bracket's placement might affect camera protection.

Torras is the only brand I've ever purchased from. I bought a clear phone case, and I've been using it for about eight months. Its anti-yellowing has been impressive.

Has anyone purchased these products or had experiences with these brands? I'd love to hear everyone's sharing of their experiences and learn about brands I might not know much about. My options are still open.

Reactions: Gin house

dhson91

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013

Attachments

• IMG_3193.jpg
    IMG_3193.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3281.jpg
    IMG_3281.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 143
  • Love
Reactions: YJINYU and Mylodon

Mylodon

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2023
Los Angles
I used to have Spigen on my ip 14 pro max but it turned yellow after couple months. So this year I decided to go with Torras to see if it will turn yellow. I also got the Apple silicone case and the Spigen Zero One but I will return the Spigen Zero One.

I'm quite curious, have you used silicone cases from other brands? How do they compare to Apple's silicone cases? Spigen's Zero One looks cool, but it's a bit on the expensive side and doesn't come with a stand, haha.

I also have the Torras clear case, haha!! How long have you been using it, and is it working well?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    733.7 KB · Views: 57

Gin house

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
Just keep in mind picking a phone case with the fully covered Action button. I just knew that lots of brands of cases don't sell that type of cases. Yesterday I tried my friend's new case from CASETiFY, the action button part of the case is still HOLLOW like the previous button. Its quite hard to press that action button, my long nails felt hurt. I still don't know what brand updates with this.
IMG_8778.jpg

niconicohamham

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2023
im was a casetify and spigen stan before but their quality like dang... at least don't worth that price
i turned to torras already, their button on the action button and the volume rocker works more clicky :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.