Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Hi all,

Sorry for the possibly stupid question but I bought an iPhone 12 mini online recently and I'm not sure I like it as much as I thought I would. I read online that I had 14 days to return it for a refund even if it's already used, but on initiating a return the Apple site is now saying I have until January!

Does anyone know for 100% definite this is including products that have been used day-to-day? So I can use it for another month, decide I don't like it and then return for a refund?

Thanks, would be great to get confirmation

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
When did you buy the phone? And yes you can continue to use it, however do not damage or scratch it.

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
When did you buy the phone? And yes you can continue to use it, however do not damage or scratch it.

Received it 12 days ago, just want to make sure I can go beyond the 14 days and continue to use it before returning?

dantay

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2006
UK
Hi all,

Sorry for the possibly stupid question but I bought an iPhone 12 mini online recently and I'm not sure I like it as much as I thought I would. I read online that I had 14 days to return it for a refund even if it's already used, but on initiating a return the Apple site is now saying I have until January!

Does anyone know for 100% definite this is including products that have been used day-to-day? So I can use it for another month, decide I don't like it and then return for a refund?

Thanks, would be great to get confirmation
Hi,

You have until the 8th January 2021 to start a return.

I am waiting to see if there is a software update for screen issues within this window, if there is not I intend to return my mini.

As long as you initiate your return on or before the 8th January and send the phone, original packaging and cable etc you will be entitled to a full refund.

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Hi,

You have until the 8th January 2021 to start a return.

I am waiting to see if there is a software update for screen issues within this window, if there is not I intend to return my mini.

As long as you initiate your return on or before the 8th January and send the phone, original packaging and cable etc you will be entitled to a full refund.

Wow, I'm amazed they give you that long to use it before returning it!

Just need to make sure not to scratch it I guess

Thanks for the reply

dantay

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2006
UK
Wow, I'm amazed they give you that long to use it before returning it!

Just need to make sure not to scratch it I guess

Thanks for the reply
It’s not usually this long, it’s their Christmas return policy, but it’s great if you purchased for yourself this time of year and need to make sure it’s right for you.

Reactions: stevearm

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012
It’s not usually this long, it’s their Christmas return policy, but it’s great if you purchased for yourself this time of year and need to make sure it’s right for you.
What if you received it on 13th Nov ?

cocoro

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
What if you received it on 13th Nov ?
Christmas Returns Policy Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between 10 November and 25 December 2020 may be returned up to 8 January 2021. ... All purchases made after 25 December 2020 are subject to the Standard Returns Policy.

Reactions: dantay
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.