Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
This is the third time that Chrome looses the ability to Reopen the tabs i had open... and i had a lot :mad: !
I shutdown my iMac and when i started it, Chrome wouldn't display them back. What the hell is going on, im sick n tired of this. I dont understand why this happened, not do i know how to retrieve my tabs!!!

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
No, but event if it was so, i dont think it shouldn't react as you say!

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I dont understand how does that feature help. Its not an automatic backup of the tabs, is it? It sounds like a manual save... correct?

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
I dont understand how does that feature help. Its not an automatic backup of the tabs, is it? It sounds like a manual save... correct?
Open Safari and browse to some websites in a few tabs. Then click Safari menu > Quit Safari.. while leaving the tabs open.
Now, relaunch Safari and click History and look at the "Reopen" options there - Reopen Last Closed Tabs and Reopen All Windows from Last Session.. those are really nice options.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Does it survive reboot? He wants to restore after reboot
Oh, I missed that. Give me a minute.. testing it.

EDIT: Yep, the items in the History menu in the Safari menu bar seem to survive a reboot quite nicely. I quite like that.. I think I'm going to start using that more often.

@zoran Test it out.. it might just fit your needs. History > Reopen All Windows from Last Session <-- seems to restore everything, even after a reboot.
[automerge]1576937732[/automerge]
Just noticed that this option actually does reopen all windows from last session. So, if you open Safari and leave the initial window open, then choose the History menu item.. you'll end up with two windows open - the initial launched window and the one from the last session.

Last edited:
Reactions: junkw

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Test it out.. it might just fit your needs. History > Reopen All Windows from Last Session <-- seems to restore everything, even after a reboot.
Just noticed that this option actually does reopen all windows from last session. So, if you open Safari and leave the initial window open, then choose the History menu item.. you'll end up with two windows open - the initial launched window and the one from the last session.
Thanks guys but... Chrome does exactly that too, but thats not the case. The case is that for the 3rd time, it cannot locate wherever it stores those opened tabs and it cannot restore them.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Thanks guys but... Chrome does exactly that too, but thats not the case. The case is that for the 3rd time, it cannot locate wherever it stores those opened tabs and it cannot restore them.
I wonder if it would be beneficial to move your bookmarks and practices over to Safari for a bit and try to get used to using that instead. The third time is "strike three", in my opinion, and it may be time for change. Perhaps Safari won't have the same issue of finding where it stores information and won't suffer the same issue. You'll never know until you try.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Safari's tab title fonts are too small and i cant read them as easy as i can with Chrome's. I wonder if they can they be enlarged somehow?

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Safari's tab title fonts are too small and i cant read them as easy as i can with Chrome's. I wonder if they can they be enlarged somehow?
Good question! I looked through the preferences and menu items and didn't see anything related to increasing the font size of tab titles. I'm wondering if there is a Safari extension that is able to do this. Please post back here if you learn how to do this.. may be of help to someone else.
[automerge]1576940845[/automerge]
@zoran While it might not be exactly what you're looking for, there is a button on the safari toolbar that may help you identify open tabs; it's called Tab Overview (or Shift+Command+Backslash):

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 7.03.04 AM.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.