Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NassFas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2022
I am looking for a browser for OS X 10.8 that can run chrome extensions and can display modern websites fine.
If not is there any browsers that has an extension that brings back the old YouTube layout?
Thanks.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
For My Mountain Lion ssd drive on a MacBook air 2gbRAM, waterfox and firefox legacy work the best.
all the menus appear and i can access many websites like flickr, youtube and ESPN.
safari, opera and explorer were bad on mountain lion but opera did run scripts,, not as good as Firefox legacy.
this was on Tuesday while using an ethernet cable through USB port.

i hope this helped!

Snowlover

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2018
Alpine , CA
I am looking for a browser for OS X 10.8 that can run chrome extensions and can display modern websites .

I use chromium legacy on mavericks and it is great. It also works on mountain lion.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2022
If you install OS X 10.11 or higher to your compatible install you can get chrome.

I recommend OS 10.12, but it's up to you.
Let me know for an earlier install back to OS X 10.10, as 10.7 and 10.8 together will do the same aftermath once again.

Having trouble installing OS 10.12 Sierra? Click here to install. (Scroll down to Sierra)

headcloud

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2017
I am looking for a browser for OS X 10.8 that can run chrome extensions and can display modern websites fine.
If not is there any browsers that has an extension that brings back the old YouTube layout?
Thanks.
Firefox legacy works well with nearly all sites. I believe it was recently discontinued, but the last build works well for me. Waterfox classic works some of the time, and I believe there is a Chromium build that is still actively updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.