Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
I really wish we could change the stop watch to a timer and it just does what the stop watch does but backwards :p would make a nice quick shortcut for a timer ;)

Oh... Come on Apple lots of changes needed :D

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
So if apple changes the Stop Watch to the Timer do they change the Timer to a Stop Watch? How does this make a shortcut? Are you talking about the Chronograph watch face or the Stop Watch App? These are 2 different things.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
So if apple changes the Stop Watch to the Timer do they change the Timer to a Stop Watch? How does this make a shortcut? Are you talking about the Chronograph watch face or the Stop Watch App? These are 2 different things.

On the watch face itself in top right corner there is a shortcut to do a stop watch (it doesn't take you to the stand alone app) but does a stop watch on the watch face (if that makes sense) - what I want is a timer built onto the watch face :p

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
If you want a timer so badly, there's a complication for that.

Oh my god, I think I just figured out Apple's next advertising campaign :D

Is there :O didn't realise lol XD

Ooooh awesome thanks, but still would be nice if it was integrated into watch face like the stop watch ;)

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
On the watch face itself in top right corner there is a shortcut to do a stop watch (it doesn't take you to the stand alone app) but does a stop watch on the watch face (if that makes sense) - what I want is a timer built onto the watch face :p

Huh? Unless you are talking about the chrono face, the stop watch complication takes you to the stop watch app. Same as the timer complication. Once you start the timer or stop watch, you can go back to the face and see the value for either one.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Guys, it's not rocket science.

the stopwatch complication on the chronograph watch face is unique in the sense that tapping the complication takes you directly into the stopwatch app and starts the stopwatch.

When you press the "reset" button on the stopwatch it jumps back to the watch face automatically. No other complication behaves this way.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
I didn't realise it took you to the stop watch app as interface is so similar it blends well, well its slightly different when you run it from the watch face rather than app - but be cool if the timer jumped back like the stop watch ^^

Only got watch today so all new to me lol

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I didn't realise it took you to the stop watch app as interface is so similar it blends well, well its slightly different when you run it from the watch face rather than app - but be cool if the timer jumped back like the stop watch ^^

Only got watch today so all new to me lol

I wish all complications had a "return to watchface" UI component. It's not as convenient to double tap the crown to return to the last app you were in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.