Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
it's a great winterboard theme. adds a circular mask to ANY icon, so...no theming issues. if i add an app, it's icon becomes round. no individual apps to have to find, amend. everything looks like what it is...(useful since i'm hiding the text).

back in the day... i used to fix individual apps, sometimes adding an icon NOT for that app (but close enough, or...something i'd get used to).

just appreciate the simplicity of this, and thought to post about it.

Last edited:

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
there are, to be fair, other alternatives, with different shapes; "icon masks" for instance. but the idea is great, and you're not stressing to find the files to change for errant apps, or finding or making icons for unusual apps...

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
round2.PNG

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Does this work with other themes? I'd like my icons to be rounded but all others I've tried only round a few. Also is this supposed to be a .deb or a .zip as when I download it its just a zip with a few files.

what this (and circulus) do is...put a circular mask OVER the default icons. this is why i like it; no matter what app i install (and i have a couple of 'obscure' ones)...they show up uniform, with that circular icon. i don't have to hunt for a matching icon, make one in photoshop, beg the theme designer to make me one...then find the source folder on my phone to change the icon.

put the folder (ssh it into Library>Themes), go into winterboard on your phone, and check it off (you'll see "custom circle mask 2"). simple, elegant!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.