Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
So after I installed PB1 of Mojave, The Citrix Receiver plugin stopped working when I accessed my work Citrix portal. When I went to preferences for Safari, under Extensions, the lower half where the plug-in option usually lives is gone.

Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks!

PS - I can use Chrome with Receiver w/o issue. This is a Safari/Mojave issue.

Discopants

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2016
So after I installed PB1 of Mojave, The Citrix Receiver plugin stopped working when I accessed my work Citrix portal. When I went to preferences for Safari, under Extensions, the lower half where the plug-in option usually lives is gone.

Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks!

PS - I can use Chrome with Receiver w/o issue. This is a Safari/Mojave issue.
Same issue for me although I can't get chrome to work either

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Same issue for me although I can't get chrome to work either

I got Chrome to work by letting the .ica file to download and setting it to open always. It's not perfect but it works.

I ended up going back to High Sierra on my MacBook because I need Citrix to work via Safari.

cfmartinez

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2014
I am having the same issue. It seems to be a Safari/Citrix thing. I am using Citrix Receiver 12.9.1 on Firefox without problems.

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I am having the same issue. It seems to be a Safari/Citrix thing. I am using Citrix Receiver 12.9.1 on Firefox without problems.

It’s a “feature” of Mojave. All non App Store extensions will not run in the latest version of Safari included in the new version of MacOS.

Citrix will hopefully update Receiver (or its replacement Workspace) to work before Mojave is released to the public.

darkmarc

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2015
Sweden
It’s a “feature” of Mojave. All non App Store extensions will not run in the latest version of Safari included in the new version of MacOS.

Citrix will hopefully update Receiver (or its replacement Workspace) to work before Mojave is released to the public.
Thanks for confirming. I can also confirm that it was not fixed by Citrix prior to Mojave was released, so right now not working at all when using web browser to click on links pointing to .ica files.

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Thanks for confirming. I can also confirm that it was not fixed by Citrix prior to Mojave was released, so right now not working at all when using web browser to click on links pointing to .ica files.

Yep. Citrix is moving away from Receiver and wants people to use the Workspace app as its replacement. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated either.

I do IT support for a large hospital system and I've had our physicians (a lot of them are Mac users) to use Chrome or Firefox until Citrix gets it act together.

efingerman

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2018
Yep. Citrix is moving away from Receiver and wants people to use the Workspace app as its replacement. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated either.

I do IT support for a large hospital system and I've had our physicians (a lot of them are Mac users) to use Chrome or Firefox until Citrix gets it act together.

The IT support team at my hospital say they cannot help me. I tried using Chrome when logging onto Citrix to get to my EMR- Touchworks/Alllscripts. Chrome is surely faster than Safari but I still spend too long watching that spinning colored ball. (Firefox is no better) Any ideas? When I use Safari to open Citrix to then launch GDS I do not have any problems.

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
The IT support team at my hospital say they cannot help me. I tried using Chrome when logging onto Citrix to get to my EMR- Touchworks/Alllscripts. Chrome is surely faster than Safari but I still spend too long watching that spinning colored ball. (Firefox is no better) Any ideas? When I use Safari to open Citrix to then launch GDS I do not have any problems.

When you log into your Allscripts portal through Chrome and click on the app you need, does it download an .ica file?

tommiy

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2015
For myself Safari will also prompt to download the ica file. You then need to double click on the ica file to launch it. I created a new plist file to make the ica auto run once downloaded. This is described in the workspace forums. Unfortunately it does not appear that there is anything that citrix can do to alter safari or macos to restore what use to be far simplier mechanism. Apple making it more difficult again unfortunately (yes I know its for security reasons but from a user ability aspect its a poor security solution).

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
For myself Safari will also prompt to download the ica file. You then need to double click on the ica file to launch it. I created a new plist file to make the ica auto run once downloaded. This is described in the workspace forums. Unfortunately it does not appear that there is anything that citrix can do to alter safari or macos to restore what use to be far simplier mechanism. Apple making it more difficult again unfortunately (yes I know its for security reasons but from a user ability aspect its a poor security solution).

The plugin change is permanent as far as Apple is concerned. If Citrix won't put Receiver/Workspace in the App Store and follow Apple's guidelines for plugins then workarounds like opening the .ica file are the only alternative. The only other way I've found to get around this issue is to use the Workspace/Receiver app itself and set up an account so that everything happens within the app and not through safari. Your EMR portal has to support that option (I think its called pnagent or storefront).

I think it only downloads an .ica file on safari , not on chrome.

When the plugin worked properly (in High Sierra before Safari 12) then you are correct, the .ica file download was non-existent as the plugin handled the opening of the .ica link directly. No so anymore with Safari 12.

zafirisj

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2018
Did you get a fix for this? I am having the same problem.
[doublepost=1540347715][/doublepost]
Did you get a fix for this? I am having the same problem.
I got it all to work. You need to download Citrix Receiver 12.9.1. It works in Safari as well as Chrome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.