Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KilGil27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Philadelphia
I'm starting classes in the summer at my community college, and I was wondering if there were any classes that would be geared towards macs, whether it be their use or their repair. Also, what kind of career options are there if I wanted to work with macs? Sorry for being so vague, if you need me to be more specific, just ask.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
digital video, web/graphic design, photography

of course, these are also done one windows too. It depends on what the college use and the company you go work for.

Im starting a Media Btec in september, and it will be working on Macs, so im set!

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
anything other than graphic/web design type of things? Like IT or anything like that?

Doubt it....

Considering Microsoft's market share, Windows is basically all you're going to find at most colleges, sadly. Most companies could care less if you can replace a logic board in a MacBook with your eyes closed. I'd recommend just going along with Windows/PC training in school to get a general knowledge of computers and hardware, and then doing Apple training/certifications on your own.

bmb012

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2006
IT? Hell, if you fix windows computers for long enough, OS X with a side of Boot Camp is your only option. Heh.

Honestly, though, the only careers that are geared towards Mac use are any that require software that's also out for OS X. Speaking of which, I crave a Universal Binary Flash 9...

Really, though, I think plenty of people out there forget that very few careers are really reliant on the tech specs of computers (Microsoft sure as hell is, making Vista Business require a decent video card). Then again, if you're on this board, you're probably not just using a computer primarily for typing and email correspondence with clients...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.