Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freaky-flick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2014
I have replaced my HDD with new clean SSD.

I have replaced the old 1GB Ram with new 4Gb Ram but it didn't work (Macbook was beeping and would not launch), so I've put back the 1GB old working one.

Now I am trying to install the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard via the iPod. I have created the bootable drive on iPod as instructed by the Internets.

But when i select the boot drive (iPod), i get this message 'You need to restart this computer' and this cycle goes on and on!!!

Guys, please help, what can I do?!!

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 1,986
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 1,732
Last edited:

n_baldwin

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2002
This could be due to the OS version - if you are booting from 10.6, try booting from 10.6.3 or above. I have recently seen this on a MacBook 7,1 which would not boot from a retail 10.6 disc, but will boot from the 10.6.3 supplied with it.

freaky-flick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2014
This could be due to the OS version - if you are booting from 10.6, try booting from 10.6.3 or above. I have recently seen this on a MacBook 7,1 which would not boot from a retail 10.6 disc, but will boot from the 10.6.3 supplied with it.

Thank you!!! I used 10.6.3 and it worked!

I also partitioned iPod as Bootable Drive, but not sure that had any difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.