Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sxl95

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
A member of my family accidentally got some marker (Sharpie) on his beautiful (formerly Dell) 2405 monitor, and I was wondering if anyone here has any advice on how to clean the screen without damaging it.

A product I sell called Acrysol might work, but I am afraid to have the family member try it because it is a solvent, and might be way too strong.

Any advice?

-Sam

sxl95

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Anyone?

There is an annoying black dot on the monitor, and I hope there is a way to clean it without damaging it.

-Sam

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Anyone?

There is an annoying black dot on the monitor, and I hope there is a way to clean it without damaging it.

I think a lot of folks without actual experience may be afraid to to answer, not wanting to risk responsibility for damage. I am one of them.

That being said, I would suggest trying a "lighter" solvent first, and moving up the scale. That way you end up using the softest option. Also, I would wait a while after each application.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.