Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
UK
I've done a quick search of the MRGuides but couldn't find anything on this...

My PowerBook screen is getting pretty dirty with general yuk and fingerprints (even though I yell at people for touching my screen!). What is the best way to clean the LCD screen and remove all these marks from it? Just wiping it with a soft cloth won't do. Are there any recommended techniques and products?

Thanks for your help :)

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
You can buy LCD screen cleaner and cleaning pads from just about any stationery store. I've used that on my 3-year old PowerBook pretty much since I bought it, and find it works great.

I see you're in the UK. Rymans do a good selection if you're close to one of those.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
I use iKlear on my macs. You can buy a kit from the Apple Store - think it's about £15 to £20 which sounds expensive, but it comes with a huge bottle of spray that'll last for years, a nice soft cleaning cloth and some individual screen wipes etc.

btollenaar

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2006
I use iKlear too.

However the manual says to use a damp cloth. Which I've tried and works well too.

chosenwolf

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Another iKlear user here. I actually just bought the kit yesterday and it came with a cloth. It is amazing, both for the aluminum and the screen on my 17" Macbook Pro. I highly recommend this product!

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
klearscreen8.jpg

ks-mck.jpg

rob5

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2003
Connecticut
I picked up a 'notebook & LCD cleaner' kit for $5 from Staples - worked flawlessly on my MacBook. Not sure if it'd work on the PowerBook since it has a matte screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.