Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
I'm not really sure what the question is. Do you want to make the background transparent? Do you want to remove it?

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
jpeg

pomegranate.jpg

Thats the photo. What more do u need to know?

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
Jay42 said:
I'm not really sure what the question is. Do you want to make the background transparent? Do you want to remove it?
Either one really. I want to use this as an icon or logo, but I don't want the white box. If I could get it either transparent or better yet without the background, it would make it a lot more flexible. Thanks.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
Have you photoshop? if you do it can be done in there I have done it for you, they are too big for attachments so will put them on my website for you

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
ohh really thanks. I don't have photoshop. Thanks a bunch for doing it for me. Just drop by with a link, thanks a bunch.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
You'll need a full featured paint program that can do layers, alpha channels, and magic wands. Save it as PNG for full transparency.

I have the full res version but it came out to 1.3MB so I've uploaded a re-sized file that fits within attachment limits.

Attachments

• pomegranate.png
    pomegranate.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 2,077

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
I'm afraid that didn't work. I copied the image and pasted it into Preview and then saved it into PNG and well it still has the background.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
Chef Medeski said:
I'm afraid that didn't work. I copied the image and pasted it into Preview and then saved it into PNG and well it still has the background.

Are you trying to make an Icon out of it?

Have you got Keynote? or pages? you can drag it in there and the background should disapear.

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
cwedl said:
Are you trying to make an Icon out of it?

Have you got Keynote? or pages? you can drag it in there and the background should disapear.
Yeah I tried to make it an icon and that didn't work. But in Word it has no background.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
Chef Medeski said:
Yeah I tried to make it an icon and that didn't work. But in Word it has no background.

Can't really help you out on that bit, I'm not in front of my Mac, sorry.

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
cwedl said:
Can't really help you out on that bit, I'm not in front of my Mac, sorry.
No, I have it all done now. Without a background is how I wanted it in word. I put the file u gave me into an icon generator and now its an icon too. Pefect!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.