Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wizec

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2019
I’m looking for a clear slim TPU case that has good grip and includes MagSafe magnets.

So far I’ve only been able to locate clear hard cases with MagSafe, and opaque “liquid silicon” cases with MagSafe.

I don’t want a hard case because they typically are too slick. I don’t want a liquid silicon case because they are too grippy and in reviews a lot of people claim they are hard to extract from pockets and carry lint/cloth fiber with them.

TPU would be the sweet middle ground. Has anyone found a clear, fully TPU case with MagSafe yet? I have a clear, slim TPU case that allows MagSafe to work through the back but the connection is a little weaker than I care for.

Last edited:

Significant1

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2014
I have one which I can accept. It is a knock off of Apples clear case, but tpu, though the back is harder than my other tpu-cases. However I live in Denmark and bought it through a danish webshop, so not sure that is helping you much.

Wizec

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2019
I keep searching and coming up empty. It doesn't look like there's a very good market at the moment of good quality MagSafe cases - at least not that I have been able to find.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I can’t find a MagSafe case that’s thin/slim. Looking forward to any news.
How thin do you want it? ?? better off using the phone without a case then lol.

I’ve been converted from apple silicone to apple leather cases, not cheap though $89 AUD ?‍♂️

Find the apple cases don’t add much bulk at all, do you find them to bulky?

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I'm using the crystal clear spigen case for my 12 pro max. They make one for the 12 pro. It works with my MagSafe charger. My phone is gold so I will use a clear case for a while lol

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
How thin do you want it? ?? better off using the phone without a case then lol.

I’ve been converted from apple silicone to apple leather cases, not cheap though $89 AUD ?‍♂️

Find the apple cases don’t add much bulk at all, do you find them to bulky?
Kinda bulky. I love the slim cases but MagSafe seems to not work well with the in terms of holding them up. Car holder is rock solid with the apple case but it’s weak on this 0.3mm case I have without MagSafe. Enough weakness that the phone falls and small road imperfections. Apple case is ok though but I’d prefer thin cases.

Reactions: LFC2020

eddiezus

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2019
Case-Mate makes a clear tough magsafe case. i don’t know if it’s TPU tho.

Wizec

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2019
I should have mentioned that I have a fantastic TPU case now:

It is MagSafe compatible, but the back is still too thick to use with the following two charging stands that I have purchased. My phone drops off with light screen touches, like trying to change the music or see a notification:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.