Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hints-The-Name

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Title says it all. Does anyone know of a clear or transparent silcone case/ or maybe a transparent colored silcone cose that would look good with white iPhone or a VERY SLIM adds barley any bulk hard shell that is clear or transparent?

Hints-The-Name

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Anyone had the Ultra Slim from More-thing? Is it any good? On a silcome case I dont realy mind if it adds bulk but I really like the transparent

Shaan

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Did you experience any scratches like some of the reviews state?

I have both the black and the clear version of the Power Support Air Jacket. I have yet to use the black version but after using the clear one for just a few days it is completely scratched and I don't even like using it anymore. I would not recommend the clear Air Jacket.

If you are looking for a very slim clear case I would recommend this and here is the same case but with 2 screen protectors, a crystal one and an anti-glare one, just like the PS Air Jacket comes with.

Good luck in finding a case!

Hints-The-Name

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
I may look into that one, I have 5 days to decide. I liked the case and all but not a fan of the circle cutout for apple logo, I mean its a clear case you can already see the logo, BUT I like the price and the case seems decent so I will keep it in mind. Thank you

Hints-The-Name

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
These 2 are my favorite; I figured I would get the Ultra Slim by More-thing and make sure I like everything about it(I really want to find a translucent silcone case that doesn't distort the white iPhone, and if all is good move up to the better quality/grade Power Support Silicone Jacket(Translucent)

Ultra Slim by More-thing(Cloudy)
http://www.more-thing.com/ultra-slim-silicone-case-for-iphone3g.html

Power Support Silicone Jacket(Translucent)
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TT829LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MjQzNTE0NA&p=2&s=topSellers

Shaan

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
The cloudy case looks pretty nice, right now I am using a Griffin iClear and it has a similar look to it on the back.

If you have any more questions I will try to help you out.

Hints-The-Name

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
The cloudy case looks pretty nice, right now I am using a Griffin iClear and it has a similar look to it on the back.

If you have any more questions I will try to help you out.

Its so think I have a big feeling it is only gonna last a money, but since I am putting out $400 for my phone next week, I say $20 bucks and can ensure I like the look, also who knows the case may suprise and be and be decent and last 3 months.

I appericate it thank you. I am very PICKY person and I love the white iPhone look but want a silicone case and not ruin the look at the same time and those 2 seem to be just it.

Shaan

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Its so think I have a big feeling it is only gonna last a money

The cloudy case looks like it will tear in just a few days. I have no experience with those cases or with the site but just from looking at the pictures I would not recommend it because it will provide no protection at all.

Hints-The-Name

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
When I get the Cloudy case it will only be fore like 2 weeks to make sure I like the case, before I throw down $30 for the Power Support Silicone Jacket--Transculent

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I don't think you will be able to find a truly clear silicone case. They are cloudy at best. In my experience, they stretch over time and become loose.

PS Air Jackets are very nice, but they are a rip off. If you don't have to have the very best and want to save some $, look on Ebay for "iphone 3g back case" and they are as cheap as $3 (incl ship, but from China - not if you are in a hurry). You can get clear ones as well.

I bought some and they were about $5 a piece.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.