Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGeekDC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Virginia
Some people have said that the new MB have less batt. life not true. Apple's website list the new MB has having 4.5 batt. life while the old 1 had 6 that is because apple is using a different test the new ones have better batt. life due to the new more power effect processors. About the speed the new are MB are 100MHz-200MHz faster but have a smaller L2 cash so basically you wont notice a difference but the new ones still have more batt. life, bigger HDDs and more RAM and they are cheaper I no this for a fact I own the Nov. 07 model and the Feb. 08 one. These rumors are most likely started by new MB owners who were suprized by the early updates.

Dman24

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2008
I'm looking at it! Thanks for the info. I'm going to be getting a Macbook and the information you had really was helpful. Thanks!

si2000

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
I dont actually use the display except to look at, so it doesnt bother me, but i dont have a glossy screen on this machine. wierd. anyone know how to check the screen model?

si2000

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
it is just not so glossy a gloss anymore. many variables fluctuate through revisions.

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Yeah, general thinking is that they are using a more "real world' type test to devise the battery life. This would make sense considering the lawsuit with the whole "millions of colors' display thing. I'm sure they don't want a lawsuit about someone's Macbook not getting 6 hours of battery life.

si2000

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
it seems as if they've trimmed some features(remote, phone support) and focused on processing power this time.

MacGeekDC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Virginia
it seems as if they've trimmed some features(remote, phone support) and focused on processing power this time.

$20 for a remote is a price I was willing to pay for a faster cpu, more memory, bigger HDD and better Battery life for a similarly priced old gen.
$1500(feb 08)2.4/250/2
$1500(nov 07)2.2/160/1 :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.