Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

K2`

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
I want to have an image where the mouse would rollover a certain parts of it, and a caption will come up. and when you roll out, the caption will disappear.

Any ideas on how to do this? I can't use flash.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
I am not too sure, but I just had someone do it for my site last night, so I suppose you could try to haxor the code...

Here.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Looks like you'll need to use javascript with onLoad and MouseOver events to accomplish this. Not hard to do. Visit any Javascript tutorial sites to learn how to do this. It is fairly easy to do.

K2`

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
Lacero said:
Looks like you'll need to use javascript with onLoad and MouseOver events to accomplish this. Not hard to do. Visit any Javascript tutorial sites to learn how to do this. It is fairly easy to do.

yea.. i tried that, it's kinda buggy, when I mouseout, the tooltip doesn't go away. I'm using an image map to do this.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
K2` said:
yea.. i tried that, it's kinda buggy, when I mouseout, the tooltip doesn't go away. I'm using an image map to do this.
I'm just about to post something here in a second on something like this, but having fun with displaying diff images. But you could do them as div tags, as soon as you go over them, they appear, as soon as you go off, they disappear, here, download this zip file, run te1.html and see what I'm talking about. Click Start, then roll over the rest:
DREAMWEAVER IS THE BEST APP TO GET THESE THINGS WORKING AS YOU CAN PLACE THEM WHERE EVER AND STILL SEE THEM (UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO HAVE THEM AS INVISIBLE RIGHT OFF THE BAT)

http://www.geocities.com/slookytech/te1.html -there uploaded it somewhere

Attachments

• startbar.zip
    162.6 KB · Views: 116

K2`

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
MontyZ said:
This is what I use (attached JS as Text file) to create popup "hint" boxes that follows the cursor, and disappears when the mouse moves off the item. Works well for me.

excellent! exactly what i was looking for..

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You ...

and Thank You

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.